Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re to admit our Top Ten Bookish Confessions. I could only come up with 7, though I bet once I start reading everyone else’s posts, I’ll recognize a few more I have…
1. I refuse to break the spine on a book. And I won’t let you borrow my book unless you promise not to do it either.
2. I carry something to read with me literally everywhere, whether it’s my eReader or a dead-tree book. It’s either in my purse or in my hand.
3. When I’m reading, I fall asleep about 80% of the time. Doesn’t matter how interesting the book is or what time of the day it is. I’m always tired.
4. I’m more likely to cry at the ending of a book if I’m reading in bed. Something about being tired, with the lights low and snuggled up in bed makes me more emotional, so more likely to cry.
5. I have a terrible habit of returning library books and books on CD late. I’ll read the book and take a while to write the review. But I want to keep the book in case I need to reference it while writing the review, so I end up returning them late. For the audiobooks, it just takes me a while to download each CD, then I’m like “I’ll wait til I return the books, then I’ll take the CDs back at the same time.” So, I probably spend about $200 per year on library fines. Holy crapola, I can’t believe it’s that much! I didn’t realize it until I did the math. I have to get that habit under control.
6. I don’t dog-ear pages in my books, and I won’t do it in library books either, unless someone else has already done it first.
7. I take much better notes when reading on my eReader than a paper book. The note-taking feature on the eReader is so handy and easy to use.
What about you guys, do you have any of these bookish quirks?